28 December 2007

Adventures in Japan no. 32

I was in love with the exotic and excitement of Japan when I first came here. The terrifying unknown. A world beyond that which I know.


I've been forced to make a decision -- I must either leave Japan or leave my husband. I never thought things would come to this, but they have. Leaving everyone and everything you know to interact in a country where men have all the power, communism still prevails, and English is non-existent must be met with an extreme desire to be there. I never had that.


I've been unhappy for so long and never knew why. Japan has brought it all into the open – and with mixed emotions I will be leaving in the first half of the year.


My writings will soon come to a close. My adventures have been had.


Le Japon aura toujours un endroit spécial à mon coeur. Mais il est temps de dire au revoir.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we really enjoy your sharing the Japan experience with us. When a journey is finished, it creates an opportunity for the next; that "crisis-opportunity" thing! This adventure will last a lifetime and maybe get you back to the Northwest. We hope everything else is going very well for you both. Let us know your next step. xoxo Seattle grandparents

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.